Sunday, September 20, 2015

"You’re Gone"

An early song of mine. I meant for it to be deliberately stupid, and by that barometer, I think I succeeded.

You’re Gone

© 1984 Brian Hutzell

Well, you’re gone (Yeah! Yeah! You’re gone, you’re gone) [4x]
Well, you’re gone (Yeah, baby! Baby, you’re gone)
Well, you’re gone (Yeah! Yeah! You’re gone, you’re gone)
Well, you’re gone (Gone, gone, baby, yeah! Baby, you’re gone!) [6x]
Now, baby
Oh, baby
You’ve left me
Why did you go?
I love you so
Baby, you’re gone
I can’t go on
Why did you leave?
I can’t believe
That I’m all by myself
And I’m lonely
You know that
You were my only
Baby
You were all I had
Little lover
I can’t understand
Why, oh why?
Why [33x]
Why don’t you tell me? [2x]
You
You are more gone than you’ve ever gone before
You are the most gone of all the gones I have seen
Your level of goneness is quite simply staggering
You have attained new heights of gonosity
Since you left me



No comments: