Saturday, September 05, 2015

"The Dealer"

This blog is a good exercise for me. I’ve always been interested in combining different art forms, and with this blog, I can combine my music, art, and writing. I’m sure I’m not taking full advantage of all the possibilities of the web, but it’s a start.

The Dealer

© 1984 Brian

What a man has to see
When a man gives to me
When a man stands to gain
Why so men still complain?

I am the dealer and I’ll help you pass the time
I am the dealer and you’ll leave me feeling fine

What a man has to do
When a man must get through
Why do men never know
Where a man tries to go?

I am the dealer and I operate your mind
I am the dealer and your countenance is mine
I am the stealer and my business is a crime
I am the monster and I’ll break your fucking spine

I am the dealer


"Saint"

Brian Hutzell
from "A Fistful of Feet"

No comments: