Sunday, September 13, 2015

"Ebeneezer"

From my collection “Brain Bits.” I started recording this one, and even had it sequenced on my trusty Roland MC-500, but that’s as far as it got. I sold all of my recording equipment in Chicago in the early 1990s. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

Ebeneezer

© 1990 Brian Hutzell

It's okay, Ebeneezer
We created you
We'll take care of you
Ease your mind
You'll be fine


You don't know, neither do I
So don't bother asking

What keeps a man like that from rising?
Nothing at all that I can see

I plead innocent
I didn't see the car on the chair
When I sat down, I didn't know it was there
But the little boy said, 'You broke it!
Tell me how come
Can you put it back together?"
I don't know why
And I don't know how to fix it

She said, "Fine - we can sleep together
But don't ask any questions"
I don't know your name
That's even better
Because I won't be expected to look you up

When he went to bed he was feeling fine
In the middle of the night he lost his mind
He couldn't feel his head
When he woke up he was dead


There's a girl who loves me
And I don't wanna leave her
Must the hunter always keep what he can catch?




No comments: