Saturday, September 05, 2015

"Well BASS-ically"

One  more bass piece from the ever-so-cleverly titled collection, “15 Bass Pieces.” I currently own two basses, but haven’t played either of them for several weeks. These days, I’m finding myself losing interest in being a performing musician.  A good friend whom I respect made a similar choice a couple of years ago. He and I met up this past winter, and he seems very happy with his life. I, on the other hand, have been largely unhappy with my life. Much of that unhappiness stems from my inability to make a clear choice. It’s hard for me to relegate music to a hobby; if I’m going to do it at all, I want to do it all the way. That’s not really an option anymore, though. I’m better off turning my efforts elsewhere, and enjoying music as a listener rather than as a performer.


Well BASS-ically

© 2013 Brian Hutzell

No comments: