Tuesday, September 29, 2015

"Why Does The Rain?"

A lost song. These lyrics were written for Plastic Mikey, and I can remember performing this song live, but now the music is lost, and I don’t remember it. I love the words though. Some of my early lyrics make me cringe when I read them, but not these. Maybe they should, and I’m just too stupid to notice. I don’t care. Did I ever really feel this optimistic? Can I ever feel that way again?

Why Does The Rain?

© 1994 Kevin Dempsey and Brian Hutzell

Will there ever be a time when rainbows end
And flowers in the wind refuse to bend?
Will I wake up with no questions in my mind,
My curiosity completely satisfied?

I hope, I hope I never outgrow the sun
I hope, I hope I never stop having fun

Will I ever stop believing in my dreams,
Those reassuring possibilities?
Will I ever tire of tasting forbidden fruit?
Will I ever jump without a parachute?

I hope, I hope I never become too sane
And I hope, I hope I never stop wondering...

Why does the rain? [5x]

When the world says ”No,” I’ll be saying “Yes!”
When there’s no clear way to go, you might as well guess

They can shoot me down forever if they want
But when forever’s done, I’ll get back up

I hope I never listen to my fears
I hope I keep finding new frontiers
I hope, I hope I never stop feeling pain
And I hope, I hope I never stop wondering..

Why does the rain? [5x]




No comments: