Saturday, September 12, 2015

"Doers And Dreamers"

Sometimes I'm surprised where a song ends up. This one began with a bit of nonsense, and ended up nightmarish and tragic. (With a nod to the play "Streamers" by David Rabe.)

Doers And Dreamers

© 2011 Brian Hutzell

Doers and dreamers depend on each other
Apart, they’re not half what they could be
Doers and dreamers depend on each other
Apart, they’re not half what they should be

I love having a nose
Except when I have a cold
Then it really blows

Breaded filth
And pickled crud
Served in a gravy
Of putrid mud
Scissors on a biscuit, with flatworms and a fish

Just because you’re paranoid
Doesn’t mean you’re not being followed
Heroes are made for falling
Lovers are made for calling

Wait!                                 
Did you see that?
Who’s that hiding in the shadows?

Doers and dreamers
Sewers and streamers
Beautiful streamers
Flying above me
I’m diving
I’m dying
Leaving the madness behind
Laughing in my head
Burying the dead

It was a terrible dream
I woke up screaming
Obsessed with plans gone wrong
So I put them in a song

"Twirl"

Brian Hutzell




No comments: