Friday, October 23, 2015

"Tickle My Pickle"

“Romeo climbs the balcony with soup.” That line is so weird it makes me smile. This song is sort of a sequel to “Stop Jerkin’ My Gherkin,” also from 2011. The lyrics here also reference a few of other songs from Rented Ideas.

Tickle My Pickle

© 2011 Brian Hutzell

You sing of alienation as if you had a clue
But I know it’s affectation ’cause you’ve nothing else to do
As If I had all the time in the world
You want me to wait for you
But I’m going solo
Maybe I’ll go to Oslo
I hear people are happier there than here

At sixteen
Things look different than at forty-six
No, I am not being negative

Revisiting history
Thinking this time I can change it

Striving after wind
But not hearing its voice
Jesus slept
While Herb played his trumpet

Stop jerkin’ my gherkin
Don’t tickle my pickle
It won’t affect me in the least
How ’bout a kiss for a creep?

From this dusty room
I see a clean beginning
Time to clear away
These cobwebs I’ve been spinning

Put a cork in the kettle and the lid blows off

Romeo climbs the balcony with soup



"Sheet Music"

Brian Hutzell

No comments: