Friday, October 23, 2015

"This Is The Album"

I was living in Boston’s North End when I conceived of an album that would be intentionally bad and immature and offensive. This was to be the opening number. I also planned to include new recordings of some of the We the People songs, like “Three Days of Hell” and “A Nation Shunned By Some.” I wrote several new songs for the project, but never recorded any of them. Still, it was fun. From time to time, I like to give myself permission to unlearn everything I’ve ever learned about music and songwriting.

This Is The Album

© 1986 Brian Hutzell 1986

"Death Drugs and other Flavors" by EDWARD
                                    (Ectoderm Dramatically Wound Around Rusty Doorknobs)

This is the album you warned the kids about, which is why they're so anxious to hear it. But you are firm and tell them that they will be raped by enthusiastic buffalos if they so much as remove this record from the sleeve.

This album has not sold over a million copies and probably never will. This album is not available in any store or obtainable through TV offers. The FDA has never heard of it and the Surgeon General has been too busy to stamp a caustic remark concerning cancer on it.

NOTE: In our labs, none of the rats have died yet.

This is the album!



"Supernova 6"

Brian Hutzell


No comments: