Thursday, October 29, 2015

"Sunshine Song"


I’m barefoot so often, that people expect to see me unshod. If I am caught wearing shoes, I am liable to be asked what’s wrong. I never intended for bare feet to become part of my official costume, but I don’t mind. Since Chicago in the 1990s, I’ve been known more for my bare feet than probably anything else. So I managed to work that into this song, which is another example of lyrics written with the “cut-up” technique. Reading over some of these lyrics makes me a little wistful. So many songs that never got beyond the paper I wrote them on. All that music just dying to be heard. I wish I could set it free for all the world to hear.

Sunshine Song

© 2011 Brian Hutzell

Are you sure this is my room?
It's hard to get excited
About a guest I never invited

Do ya like my feet?
You know they smell real sweet
I think they look neat
Hope ya like my feet
Bless my sole!
Sunshine song
Sing along

I breathe unnoticed in obscure hiding places
My footprints vanish the moment my feet leave the ground
I float through the past
Til the present drags me into the future
From now on that's where I'll be found

And I miss my friends
From an earlier time
If you fix yourself a cake,
I'd prefer pie
I wouldn't worry about your honor with a face like that
In a world full of noise, how can I relax?

I see you yesterday
I see you tomorrow
I see you even when you're far far away
I see you all the time
But not today



“Yellow Islands”

Brian Hutzell

I do not hesitate to use bits and pieces of my earlier art in my later art. This one incorporates “Contrazz.”

No comments: