Saturday, October 31, 2015

"Revere's Trip"


These lyrics grew directly out of a piece of paper Wally, Dave and I scribbled notes on during a night which may have involved psychedelic substances. It all made sense at the time.

Current listening: The Partridge Family, Album

Revere's Trip

© 1984 Brian Hutzell

Tripping
It's hard to write when the paper is breathing
Everything is moving
Weird outlines and transgressions
I feel as if I wasn't in control
I'm doing it in the light
I snort a black on the radio wrist sentence
Breathing in a red frame
The paper doesn't want me to write on it
The nicest airplanes breathe sprinkles and sunshine
Endlooped orb
Somehow I smile, trying to forget
Reverence!
I will write but it won't be understood
There are too many eyes in it
I am loving every second
Still my teeth are moving
And my legs slime on the wall
And wild things happen
I smile at everything
Everything I write is a dark line in the ocean
My body is a yellow shape
You like limesight
I can't see what I write
Reverence!

“Gluurm”

Brian Hutzell
from Make a Thwinting Sound



No comments: