Friday, October 30, 2015

"Streets of Vienna"


In January 1990, Carmen and I went to Europe. We visited London, Edinburgh, Vienna, Berlin, and Munich. I kept a journal throughout the trip. Once back in Medford, I took that journal, mixed in a bunch of other odds and ends, and came up with Europe, an extended musical journal hodge-podge. Can you spot the blatant Beach Boys plagiarism?


Streets of Vienna

© 1990 Brian Hutzell

Walking through the streets of Vienna
Wherever my feet want to go
Nibbling on peas and bananas
Greeting everybody I know
When I see a peculiar fella
Playing a guitar on the street
Singing some old song about Stella
Tapping tambourines with his feet

Take good care of your feet, Pete
Better watch out what you eat
Gotta take care of yourself
Cause nobody else will

Help is on the way
You'll feel so good you'll jump up and shout

And the message is: I have nothing else to say
That is, nothing that cannot wait another day
Yet I feel like I should be writing something
Just to keep my fingers pumping
Pushing pen on paper, making lines
Isn't that fine?

I love you and you love me
And isn't that fine?
This nearly was mine
I me mine, I me mine, I me mine

Wine!



No comments: