Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Busy Signal"

Some of the worst moments of my life were only awful because I made them so, waiting by the phone for a call that never came. I’ve written about this subject a few times. As a song, “Waiting For Your Call” is better, but the desperation comes through more in these spare lyrics. Now that I think of it, on those occasions when I found myself waiting anxiously for a call, I did indeed have reason to be worried, as subsequent events proved.


Busy Signal

© Brian Hutzell 1990

I try to call you
I get a busy signal
Who are you talking to?
I have to solve this riddle

I try to call you
Your line is busy

Who is he?

My line is never busy
I'm keeping it open
My hand it getting itchy
The longer I'm hoping
You'll call me
I'm all free
And it doesn't matter who you are
The call is all I need

I'll be here to love you
My line is open and so am I
Call me...anything




No comments: