Monday, June 22, 2015

"Bottle In The Bedroom"

I recorded this song for my cassette collection “Making a Mess,” which is one of my personal favorites. It’s just a bunch of early songs I wrote, recorded in “everything-including-the-kitchen-sink” fashion. No commercial potential whatsoever! I began work on a sequel, “Another Fine Mess,” but never finished it. I leave a trail of unfinished projects wherever I go.

Bottle In The Bedroom

© 1983 Brian Hutzell

She's living with a bottle by her bed
It helps her get to sleep by lightening her head
"Just a little now and then," she says
But that little bit can sometimes make a mess
You know, making a mess of her brain
Making her insane
Making a mess of her mental facility
Hampering her mechanical ability
Wreaking havoc with her thought processes
When taken in reckless excesses
(Would you like a drink?)

She's got a bottle in the bedroom
And she touches it more and more
What does she need it for?
It knocks her to the floor
In the morning her head is sore
All the time it's making a mess
(Oh yes!)
Making a mess of her sense of discretion
Creating unneeded liquid excretion

She's got a bottle in the bedroom
And it's making a mess
And why should I have to clean it up?
That's not my job
She's such a slob
She can't even tell she's losing touch
Something she does not think about much



No comments: