Monday, June 15, 2015

"3 AM" with commentary

This song began life as an instrumental titled “Joe Beam,” because I thought it sounded like something Jobim might have written. It was to be the centerpiece song of an album of bossa nova songs called “Bossa Nouveau.” I still think that idea could work.

3 AM

© 1996/1998 Brian Hutzell

Come hear the sound you're about to meet
Come to the lounge that’s swinging to a bossa nova beat
Everyone’s dancing on their feet
Come to the lounge that’s grooving with a bossa nova beat
It gets underway sometime past 10
And goes on till at least 3 AM
They’re dressed up to the nines in all the hep designs
Come to the lounge that’s moving to a bossa nova beat

I will be there and I hope to see
You waiting with a cocktail made especially for me
We belong there, you and I
Dining al fresco
While the bossa rhythm fills the sky
Hear the music play
Each song a gem
And it won’t stop before 3 AM
I haven't been so happy since I don’t know when
And we’ll be just beginning when the clock hits 3 AM

3 in the morning
That’s my time of day
The kids are all sleeping
So it’s time for us to play

Here comes the sun
Must be getting late
Call it an evening, darling
Thank you for a perfect date
We’d better get some sleep, so we can start again
Next time we hear that bossa nova calling 3 AM!



No comments: