Saturday, June 20, 2015

"Bachelorhood"

My ideal weight is 145. At my best, those 145 pounds were trim and toned. It’s been awhile since I’ve been there. For supper tonight, Hitomi and I went out for pizza (we only ate half) and a cup of vanilla frozen custard (we split a medium, but did add hot caramel sauce.) We could have done better, but we could also have done a lot worse. Too much snacking and too little exercise have been my twin devils. I think it would be fun to have some nude pix taken of myself for my 51st birthday, but I don’t want them taken in the condition in which I currently find myself. If I want to make that date, I have just over 1 month to lose 15 pounds and whip myself into shape. Not impossible, but not easy.

Bachelorhood

© 1985 Brian Hutzell

I was just with a girl
On a sofa in front of the TV
Not really watching the show
But not doing anything else
Both of us staring at the opposite wall
Occasionally laughing at a silly remark.
This lasted about four hours
And then I had to leave
And I wondered if she was happy this way
Or if she’d rather I be more aggressive.

Another night wasted on polite conversation and tea
And the only way for me to feel good about it
Is to write it all down and try to make a song out of it.

I don’t like going out on dates
The whole ordeal is a painful nuisance
My life has enough problems without adding more
Sure I’d like to have a woman
But not just a cheap lay
And definitely not some prick-teasing bitch
Who’ll take my money and my time
And give me nothing in return
Not even the intelligent conversation I had tonight.

What I need is an instant girlfriend:
Someone who’d appear and swear allegiance to me
Obviously that won’t happen
So I guess I should get used to bachelorhood.



No comments: