Wednesday, June 24, 2015

"BASS-ed On a True Story"

BASS-ed On a True Story

© 2013 Brian Hutzell


“15 Bass Pieces” began life as a list of song titles playing off of the word “bass.” I remember making the list at the West Des Moines Public Library. The experience was memorable only because I was annoyed by a fellow library patron blabbing away loudly on his cellphone. It bothers me that people no longer know how to behave not only in libraries, but in public places in general. It also bothers me when the figures of authority present fail to do anything about it. Even worse is when a kid is clearly misbehaving and the parent is either ignoring the problem or also misbehaving. Hey, you kids! Gets off my lawn! And take your folks with you!

BASS-ed On a True Story sheet music

No comments: