Friday, December 11, 2015

"Food"


The last cassette collection in my “canon of 6” between October 1985 and May 1986 was TFM. It’s a fun recording, and I hope to get it digitized soon, along with those other tapes. I have tons of stuff on reel-to-reel that needs to be transferred as well. Plus the KR-570 song files. Lots of unfinished business.

It really all comes down to simply doing the work. Steve Martin is quoted as saying the key to success is to “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” Practice practice practice! Put myself and my music in front of an audience on a frequent and regular basis. Use the internet wisely for learning, listening, and promoting. Like all tools, it can be very useful or very dangerous.


Food

© 1985 Brian Hutzell

Food! Food!
Something to put in my mouth and chew
Food! Food!
Something to put in my mouth and chew
It's food, good food
Something to eat with a knife or fork or spoon
Fill up the tank
It's like our bodies' fuel
Wouldn't lunch be silly without food?
Lunch would be meaningless, of no use
We'll have lunch
No we won't without food
Food, food
I like food
Food, food
Glorious food
Food, food
Food - love it
Food - shove it
Food - pile it in
Don't be thin
Food food food food food food food food food!



“Cavities”

Brian Hutzell
from Art Music

No comments: