Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"New Life"


This is the first song Vin and I collaborated on when we reunited after the breakup of JEREMIAH. I recorded it for my Spring 88 tape.

New Life

© 1987 Vin Colella and Brian Hutzell

Former nights I searched the town and found a lonely mile
Going out, the crowds were loud, but never out of style
Last night, I found the lights too bright
They hurt my eyes 
Often Ive been taken for a man with no disguise

Sometimes, I think Ive changed
Sometimes I feel so strange
Now Im beginning to see
New life in front of me
I used to look but never see
How much more could I take from me?
The more I ran, the less Id find
How was I so blind?

On the street, the scene to me seems bleak and out of step
Spending every empty evening wondering where Ive slept
Friends I used to choose to use are left without a clue
Ask me and Ill stand to lose unless I change my tune

Sometimes I think it will last
Sometimes, its best not to ask
How Im beginning to see
New life in front of me
The more I think Im doing fine
The more I have to keep in mind
Every days another test
I just have to try my best

Theres a time to make waves
And theres a time to behave
There's a new life just ahead and I feel brave
Theres a lesson to be learned
From all the stories that Ive heard
Theres a new life and Im ready for my turn

Why should I look back? The fact is past and gone away
Why pursue the future through a maze of yesterdays?
Sometimes I feel so sure
My life is too secure
Just when Im feeling tired
New life, and Im inspired
The more I try to analyze
Why I feel this way inside
The more I find theres more to me
And I like the surprise



“Unfolded 15 (JEREMIAH)”

Brian Hutzell
From Unfolded
Part 3 of MMXIII Variations


No comments: