Sunday, January 24, 2016

"Judy" - part 2


I recorded “Judy” as part of a 5-song piano/vocal demo. A music paper in Chicago hated it. They called me the “Anti-Rock and Roll.” The rock music world has always considered me too music theatre. The Music theatre world has always considered me too pop. The pop world has always considered me too jazz. I’ve never fit in anywhere. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it does mean I have to work harder to find my niche and my audience. That goes for my music, my art, and my writing.

Maybe my niche is in none of those areas. I’m going back to school now, so maybe I’ll find a whole territory to explore. Perhaps what I need more than anything else is a life reboot. Stay open to possibility!


Current listening: David Bowie, Let’s Dance

Judy

© 1992 Brian Hutzell Wally Koekebakker

Words that I hear
I need to hear them from you
Words I've heard today
Tell me anyway
Why can't I sleep?
The questions won't keep any longer

Judy, Judy
Judy, you are the light that makes me feel so warm
Judy, Judy
Words that I need tonight
I know you'll tell me in the morning

Wish you were here
Another day floats on by
I feel less secure
In a love that's matured
Consumed in the fire of a passion much higher and stronger

Judy, Judy
Judy, you are the light that makes me feel so warm
Judy, Judy
Thoughts I'm thinking tonight don't always leave me by morning

Go away, suspicion
Don't like to be in this condition
I'd like to believe your honesty, but it doesn't look promising

Judy, Judy
Judy, you are the light that makes me feel so warm
Judy, Judy
Words that I need tonight – still missing in the morning



Toby helping with art
Cambridge, MA 2002

No comments: