Thursday, November 12, 2015

"Shag"


Here’s a rude little piece. Shag carpeting. Yes, I remember the 1970s. This morning, I was thinking I’d like to go back to 1976, and make some changes in the way I handled things. I would do more singing. Do more in the theatre. Be onstage as much as possible. I would not hold back nearly as much as I did. I would practice more and perform more. I would dance. I would revisit my “Space Attack” song, and this time record it properly. I would participate in the Bill Riley TalentSearch every year. I would not keep my dreams to myself.

"I'd make a few changes if I ran the zoo!" - Dr. Seuss

Shag

© 2001 Brian Hutzell

I don’t want to brag
But I bet I could shag
Any opulent hag
With money in a bag
All you can grab
      from the slab
All you can eat
(What a treat!)
Look at all that meat
I bet it tastes sweet
Order it rare
Plenty to spare
Still bleeding
      while the pigs are feeding
Right here on the rug
      on the shag
Don’t be a drag
Or a drug
I’m making it shake
      on the shag
How much can you take
      of the shag?
I’m eating your steak
      on the shag
I’m sending my snake
      through your shag



“FP1 – Chroma”

Brian Hutzell
from MMXIII Variations



No comments: