Thursday, November 12, 2015

"See Nothing"


There is also a “See Nothing III,” which is strictly instrumental. All three appear on my 1986 tape, Reruns. The original “See Nothing” grew out of another short instrumental called “Something Cool.” I wrote a lot of those early instrumental ditties while watching MTV, to which I was totally addicted when it first came on the air.


See Nothing I

© Brian Hutzell 1985

See nothing
What is there to see?
Do you see anything worth watching?
The TV shows are dull
And the theaters are full
Of motion pictures void of any sense
The time it takes to open
My eyes to see who's spoken
Could very well, I'm sure, be better spent

See Nothing II

© Brian Hutzell 1985

See nothing
The screen is blank
See nothing
See nothing


“December Blues 3”

Brian Hutzell
from MMXIII Variations

No comments: