Thursday, November 12, 2015

“Dum Dum Diddle”


“Dum Dum Diddle”

This is one of the only covers I’ve ever recorded. The song is an Abba tune, from their album Arrival. I am a sucker for a good pop song, and nobody did them better than Abba. The group has always had a special place in my heart, for reasons I can’t fully explain. I started my diary when I had a dream in which I turned into Agnetha Fältskog. The song “I Wonder,” from The Album, is a song whose lyrics always resonated with me – that quest for a dream, and how scary it is to pursue one. Listening to Abba has always somehow hit at the very heart of my earliest desire to become a professional musician. So although the  recording was rescued from a deteriorated tape, and the sound quality is not what it should be, here is my rendition of “Dum Dum Diddle.”


written by Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, originally recorded by Abba



No comments: