Sunday, September 28, 2014

Short pieces about my art: "Henry"



"Henry"
© 2002 Brian Hutzell
3-5/8 x 26 x 3/4 inches
milk paint on wood

“Henry” is for both Henry David Thoreau and Patrick Henry. I visited Walden Pond with Bob Rein back in the 80s, and wasn’t terribly impressed. I remember a cabin recreated to look something like what Thoreau might have lived in, and a big pile of rocks that apparently meant something to somebody. The lake itself was pretty though. At least I assume it was; I honestly don’t remember much about it. What I do know is that the wood for this piece came from a used pallet I found and pulled apart for use in my art projects. I used to scrounge all over Cambridge for bits of wood I could paint on. I did my scrounging barefoot, of course! When my barefooting came to the attention of David Zermeno (http://zermenoartnews.blogspot.com/), the result was my art show "Barefoot in the City" at CCTV (Cambridge Community Television).

No comments: