Sunday, September 21, 2014

Short pieces about my art: "Aladdin"



“Aladdin”
© 2002 Brian Hutzell
3 panels, each 13 x 5-1/2 x ¾ inches
milk paint on wood
from “Art By The Foot”

My footprint art began with this piece, “Aladdin.” It is milk paint on wood, and yes, those are my real footprints. Fun to make, and I think it even looks rather interesting. Most of my footprint art is now gone, either lost, given away, thrown away, or in a few rare cases: sold. When my wife and I were living in Cambridge, in Central Square, I was well known in the area for walking everywhere barefoot. That’s a habit left over from childhood, but that really took off when I was living in Chicago in the 1990s. I still spend as much time barefoot as possible, because it’s comfortable, and also healthy for my feet. The only downside is occasionally having to explain myself to people who just think I’m weird.

No comments: