Tuesday, February 02, 2016

"In The Water"


I’ve been reading The Catholic Study Bible and finding it fascinating. The subject of religion interests me very much, not because I am deeply religious myself, but because I am intrigued by the way religion has shaped our world. Why do people need it? Do we need it? One of the main reasons I am going to school again after all these years away from it is to explore some humanities subjects in which I am weak, or need a refresher course. I am concentrating especially on art, history, writing, and religion. A career goal I have set for myself is to research and write about the way these four disciplines interrelate.

I haven’t given up my love of music either, but I may be approaching it in the future from the perspective of a historian and theoretician rather than from that of a performer. I recently purchased a set of CDs from Archeophone filled with some very early popular music recordings from the 1890s through the 1920s. I’m excited about the new directions my studies and interests may be taking me. I’ve been hibernating for too long; now it’s time to get back in the water.

Current listening: Martin Denny, Hypnotique

In The Water

© 2004 Brian Hutzell

Spinning
Swimming
Skimming over water
Spinning in the water
Under water


"Collage 3"

Brian Hutzell


No comments: