Thursday, July 09, 2015

"Bird Wirds"

These days, what with texting and tweeting and all, I think people’s ability to write and spell is at an all-time low. I see typos in major papers and magazines. I hear newscasters on big stations and even the networks pronounce words incorrectly and use improper grammar. I remember a Fortune 500 company I once worked for widely promoting its “Lanuage Club!” My mom discovered a misspelling on an application for a library card. Now I hear schools are going to stop teaching kids cursive writing. Everyone is in a rush to put a computer and a smartphone into every child’s hand, but no one is bothering to teach those children to think.

Bird Wirds

A tune of great cleverness
© 2011 Brian Hutzell

I am at home
Writing a pome
About the fome
Surrounding Rome

Now it's dun
Wasn't this fun?
Some of my wirds
Are for the birds!


No comments: