Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Circus Flowers"


"Circus Flowers”
© 2002 Brian Hutzell
11-7/8 x 3-3/8 x 3/4 inches
milk paint on wood

This one takes minimalism to the extreme. I also turned my hand to musical minimalism recently, but I’ll save that for another post. But speaking of musical minimalism, I will state here and now that I’m not a fan of the Philip Glass/John Adams school of minimalism. That’s something else I’ve made fun of in at least a couple of songs, but those too will have to wait for another post. For now, I will conclude with one of my favorite knock-knock jokes. I really wish I could claim authorship of this one:

“Knock-knock!”
“Who’s there?”
“Philip Glass. Knock-knock!”
“Who’s there?”
“Philip Glass. Knock-knock!”
“Who’s there?”
“Philip Glass. Knock-knock!”


…and so on.

No comments: