Sunday, October 26, 2014

“All I Really Wanted Was a Job, Not a LifestyleAll I Really Wanted Was a Job, Not a Lifestyle”


All I Really Wanted Was a Job, Not a LifestyleAll I Really Wanted Was a Job, Not a Lifestyle”
© 2002 Brian Hutzell
3-3/8 x 9 x 3/4 inches
milk paint on wood


A big title for a very small painting. Another super simple work, but this is one I rather like. Most of my art isn’t too impressive, but it was never meant to be. The whole thing began as therapy. After working in the IT field for a big pharmaceutical company near Chicago, I needed to do something completely different. I’ve always been a doodler, but never considered myself an artist. It was a lot of fun making my various things in Cambridge, though. For the past several years, all my visual art has been computer-based, which is also enjoyable, but I miss the tactile experience of mixing up the milk paint, making footprints, handling the brushes, prepping the wood, etc.

No comments: