Saturday, August 29, 2015

"Contempt"

I think the automobile long ago crossed over the line from being a boon to society to being a major detriment.

Contempt

© 2001 Brian Hutzell

Face to face, I treat you with respect
In my car, I treat you with contempt
In my car
I am invincible
      and I have no need for courtesy
            or common sense

Road rage
The best defense is a strong offense
Street smarts
Buried in a pile of auto parts
      and lawn darts

Rampage
Do unto others before they do unto you
Honk your horn
Show your finger
Shout a zinger
Everyone’s a singer
      in the shower
      and at rush hour

Get off the phone and drive
You’ll never make it home alive
It’s a common defect
      we’ve come to expect

How do we correct
      this lack of respect,
      this total contempt?


"The End Of Reason"

Brian Hutzell

No comments: